North-East Adventures (w/ Coney Island & Lorong Halus Wetland)
This is the rescheduled event for https://www.meetup.com/explorersg/events/268745484/
Depending on the situation, we may implement measures including temperature taking, social distancing and mandatory mask. We will update the attendees closer to the event date.
All “Going” attendees for the previous event have been added. Please kindly change your RSVP to “Not Going” if you are not attending this upcoming event.
(Note: This will be a FAST & LONG-DISTANCE HIKE, with a distance of 13km and an average speed of 4km/hr. RSVP only if you’re up for the challenge!)
In this adventure, we will hike along Punggol Waterway Park and make our way to Punggol Point Park. After a quick break at the Punggol Settlement, we will hike across the entire length of Coney Island and cross Serangoon Reservoir Dam to reach Lorong Halus Wetland.
Did you know that Lorong Halus was once a garbage landfill that covered an area of over 100 football fields? Find out more about the history of Lorong Halus with us! From there, we will cross the iconic Lorong Halus Red Bridge and walk along Punggol Waterway Park back to our starting point.
What are you waiting for?! Sign up now and explore the beautiful North-East with us!
– Walk along the picturesque Punggol Waterway Park
– Hike the entire length of Coney Island
– Visit the pristine Lorong Halus Wetland
– Walk across the iconic Lorong Halus Red Bridge
– Date: 4th July 2020 (Saturday)
– Meeting Point: Open field at Punggol Waterway Point (B1, right outside Ichiban Boshi and Fish & Co)
– Starting Time: 4pm
– Ending Point: Open field at Punggol Waterway Point
– Ending Time: 7.30pm
Distance: 13km (i.e. challenging due to long distance and faster pace @ 4km/hr)
– Punggol Waterway Point (Meeting Point) → Punggol Settlement → Coney Island → Lorong Halus Wetland → Punggol Waterway Point (Ending Point)
Items to bring:
– Sports attire with sports/hiking shoes
– Sunscreen & Mosquito Repellent
– For those who have stated ‘Going’’ but eventually cannot make it for the event, please be considerate to those who are on the waitlist and update your RSVP by 2nd July (Thursday). We will send a reminder email on 1st July (Wednesday).
– For those who have stated ‘Going’ by 2nd July (Thursday), but do not come on the actual day, we may limit your participation in future events.
– In the event of adverse weather conditions, the hike may be cancelled. – We will update the event before 2.30pm if the hike is cancelled.
– We will start punctually and not wait for latecomers. Please be considerate to arrive at the meeting point by 4pm.
– There will be several rest stops along the way including Punggol Settlement and Lorong Halus Wetland.
– Participants can drop out anytime during the hike. Do inform the event hosts before you drop out of the hike.